Saturday, September 7, 2013

Enlisting the Sister's Help

This week I've asked my younger sister to take a look at one of the condo complexes that Mr. Cap and I are considering. She works in the same town that it's located in, so she said she wouldn't mind driving by at some point during the week.

The condo in question is particularly interesting to me. It was built this year, it has a garage (score!), and it's within our (currently assumed) price-range. The pictures make the inside look beautiful, and the condo fees are very reasonable. However--according the my lovely crime-rating map overlay (courtesy of Trulia), it appears that the condo is located only a few blocks away from some rather unsavory parts of town.

By the same token, it's on the edge of the *really nice* section of town. But it's in that sort of "middle ground" that makes me wonder if in 5 years it will still be the same. Will it have given in the the Dark Side? Or will it be absorbed by the Light? I'm hoping my sister and her experiences in this town will help to give us an idea on how to proceed with this place. I'd hate to cross something that looks that nice off of our list--but at the same time, I really don't want to die. Or be robbed. Or have the car stolen. All of those things are events that I really could do without. 

2 comments: