Thursday, January 30, 2014

Sick Day

Today I was out of work on a sick day (head congestion...why won't you stop?), so I decided to continue cleaning up around the house to make it more "presentable".

The progress is slow, but at least I feel I'm making some progress. Mr. Cap and I will be out of the state all day on an "emergency visit" to see some friends on Saturday, so I'm glad I had an extra day to do a little more around the house this week--albeit a sick one.

Currently I'm doing some cooking for tomorrow/the weekend. Made some baked oatmeal (with a few modifications to try to be a little more healthy) which should give us 3 breakfasts over the next few days, and I'm just finishing up a BBQ chicken pizza (my own recipe) in the oven. With that, we'll be all set for lunch tomorrow.

I have to say I'm really liking our shiny new gas oven. It's so pretty and clean inside, and the stove top cooks things SO FAST. After using electric for most of my life, I think I'm in love.

Feeling more like a homebody today, and I'm very much enjoying it. I wish I could stay home and just do things around the house all the time...although knowing me, I would get lazy pretty fast and end of reading blogs for the majority of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment